My wife was (and probably still is) a New Kids on the Block fanatic. I may have hummed one of their songs. Just once I promise!
Guys, please don’t judge.
Being the new kid on the block can sometimes be scary and very intimidating. That’s even more evident when you start your blog.
When Mandy and I both launched our blogs we quickly realized how much we didn’t know about blogging.
We both made several newbie mistakes. Heck, we still make mistakes!
We’ve been blogging for years and we still make mistakes.
What we don’t want you to do is make some of the same newbie blogging mistakes we’ve made.
This Week’s Show
On this edition of the Dollars and Roses podcast we share some of the common newbie mistakes that we see bloggers still making. Here’s a rundown of what we discuss on the show:
- Own Your Own Domain. Don’t ask why. Just go to GoDaddy.com and buy your own already.
- Your Site Looks Like Crap. Premium WordPress themes are cheap. We like Genesis. Need some graphics? Go to Fiverr.com.
- Drop the Clutter. Too many ads, badges, buttons dilute your message. Use Google Analytics to see where your visitors are clicking.
- Numbers = Following. Don’t promote it until you actually have something to promote.
- Tell Me More About You. Your about page is your time to shine. Make sure you don’t leave new readers hanging.
- Don’t be Boring. Catchy blog post titles make or break somebody reading your post. Check LenPenzo.com for some good examples.
Are you making of these newbie blogging mistakes? It’s not too late to fix them. 🙂