Let’s see if you can fathom this number: over 66 million views on YouTube.
Before you think that’s some silly cat video or the latest Justin Bieber video, guess again.
These videos are centered around one topic: makeup.
Don’t worry; it’s not me applying makeup. 🙂
The girl on the screen showcasing her expertise is Emily Eddington. Emily is a former morning news anchor who quit her job so she can focus her makeup tutorial and review videos on her Beauty Broadcast YouTube channel.
There’s two reasons why love I Emily’s story:
- It doesn’t matter where you’re from. Emily is from our small town which goes to show you that it doesn’t matter where you live, you can kill it online if you have a passion.
- Her community continues to grow exponentially. I first interviewed Emily in March, 2011 (see link below) when she had 100,o00 subscribers and 17 million views. In two years, those numbers have more than quadrupled. Boom!
Hope you enjoy this one!
Resources Mentioned in Podcast
- Emily’s Blog: Beauty Broadcast
- Emily’s YouTube Channel: Beauty Broadcast Channel
- Original Interview w/ Emily on GFC: Beauty Broadcast’s Emily Eddington: How a Small Town Girl Got 17 Million YouTube Views and 100,00 Raving Subscribers
- Best Cameras for Vlogging
- 7 Secrets to Successful Video Blogging