There’s so much that goes into starting a blog: picking a theme, choosing a host, writing content, and on and on and on….
One the things that most bloggers never think about are the legal issues that surround starting a blog.
Yikes! Legal issues?
Even if you’re blogging for fun you still need to be aware of certain things.
How do I know? Because I found myself the hard way.
John Corcoran from SmartBusinessRevolution.com who is an attorney took some time to answer some our reader questions. I also share the first scary incident I had from my blog.
Be sure to check out our previous interview with John here.
What You’ll Learn on the Podcast
- How do you protect yourself against a libel suit?
- What should you do if you receive a cease-and-desist notice?
- Do disclaimers limit our liability?
- What should you trademark and how do you do it?
- Best way to handle a copyright infringement issue if the site owner repeats issues after previous DMCA?
- What kind of liability can we incur by giving financial advice in our articles? How can we protect ourselves?
- Does it make sense for a blogger to setup up a LLC?
Thanks John for taking time out of his day to answer our questions!
If you’re looking to expand your circle, be sure to check out John’s free ebook on networking tips.