SEO is something that many bloggers don’t take into consideration before hitting publish on their post.
My wife has been one of those that used to miss out on easy search engine traffic <ahem> by not putting forth a little extra effort.
Now she finally gets it –yeah!– and by writing posts like this, our hope is that you’ll get it, too.
This past January we both had the pleasure of meeting Court Tuttle, his beautiful wife, and awesome blogger sister at New Media Expo in Las Vegas. Court has been building websites (hundreds of niche sites) full-time for years so he gets the online space; including SEO. Did I mention he loves to Crossfit, too? 🙂
Court is a super cool and humble dude and he definitely knows his stuff. That was even more evident on his guest post that was featured on SEO Moz.
Court runs the blog TheBlogBuilders.com and took time to answer some SEO questions for all our readers. In this interview, we address:
- How do you start with SEO (even if you don’t know what SEO is)?
- Is WordPress better than Blogger for SEO?
- How important are getting backlinks to your site that are optimized for anchor text?
- How important is Google authorship in regards to SEO?
- How effective is using YouTube to help with search engine traffic to your blog?
- What are most common SEO mistakes bloggers are making on their blog right now and how can they fix them?
This interview is a kickoff to another great interview we did with another SEO expert, so stay tuned! Here’s us talking SEO with Court Tuttle: