So I know you have all been dying for a house update, right? I’m sure you just couldn’t hardly stand the suspense.
But, it’s what I am writing about today. So if it doesn’t excite you, hopefully tomorrow I will come up with something more fulfilling.
Anyway, we did get an offer on our house. It isn’t an offer we will accept. But it’s an offer.
We have thought long and hard about how we have our house priced and we feel that we are offering it for a very reasonable amount of money. We have remodeled the entire house so we have put a good chunk of money into it.
At this point, we are just looking to break even. So, unfortunately we can not accept the offer we got. Plus, we don’t HAVE to sell it right now. We, of course, would LOVE to so we could start our new home….but we are not willing to lose money on the deal just to get it sold. Make sense? I think it does.
Remember that hubby of mine. Remember he is a CFP. Yea, so we have a good understanding of our financial goals. Losing money on our house is not one of them.
We have counter-offered.
I have to say I really like the “potential buyer” and her and I have a lot in common. I hope that a deal can be worked out between us because her and her husband would not want to move in until mid-August…which would be perfect for us.
We will see what they decide about our counter-offer….
In the meantime, to hold you over…..
….take a look at who decided to put his “cleaning pants” on and help a sista out before the inspector came….
Well worth it.
Teaching ’em young folks.