I think for P Man….it is quite obvious what helps him sleep….
THE INFAMOUS C.G.
Do any of you have problems trying to get your toddler to sleep?
Well, maybe your child is perfect and goes down with no fight…but not my P. It took me months and months to get him into a bedtime routine that worked. I am happy to say that after long hard work and lots of sleepless nights P sleeps like a champion! And no, I am not using Benadryl to work my magic!
I thought I would share our bedtime routine, just in case, you know, that there was some small teeny tiny chance that it may help you get your kid to sleep or at the least give you some ideas on what works for some moms!
1. Bath time – this works like a charm. Warm bath water usually sets the stage for a good nights rest. Just think, have you ever been in a hot tub? How many of you want to take a nap as soon as you get out? Yea, that’s what bath time does for P Man. And as you can see…he has a blast in the tub!
2. Play play play! I usually give him a good 30 min to an hour to get his last minute play time in after his bath!
3. Around 9:00 pm I take him to his room to read a book. I usually let him pick a book of his choice and we sit on the floor and read it together.
4. Turn on his bedtime music. He has a personalized CD of bedtime music and his favorite track is #8…so we put it out low volume and repeat.
5. Make sure his night light is on. We use a low watt lamp because it gives a little more light than just a night light.
6. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make sure he has CG. DUH! That’s a no brainer. Oh and binky too!
7. I pick him up and let him turn off the lights. This is one of his favorite things to do. He loves to flip the switch.
8. Then it’s big squeeze’s for mommy and a smooch-a-roo!!
At that point he usually reaches for his bed…I put him down…lean in for one last smooch….and then he waves to me and says “bye bye” in the most high-pitched, adorable voice you’ve ever heard. It almost makes me want to climb right in the crib with him and cuddle up. Actually, I have fallen for that before, but take it from me…it doesn’t work. That will for sure keep em awake! P doesn’t like a bed buddy unless its name is Curious George.
It’s see you later until 7:00 am!